Thursday 29 August 2013

Updates Galore!!

So the past few days have been a little hectic but I've been getting things done!! Yay!

The website for 'Chasing Chuck' is, hopefully, about to be up and running - here's a little sneak peek if you're interested!! (I'm so excited about this and hope that everyone loves it, and obviously we get wad of cash to get making it!!)

A little sneaky peek of the website.

Me working hard on the site to get it finished by the end of August.

Also, I've decided that my writing output has slid into non-existence over the last few months so am making a huge concerted effort to churn out a few more projects before the end of the year! I'm looking at hammering out two first drafts of two new projects over September and October using Viki King's How to Write a Movie in 21 Days  - more to challenge myself to see if I can do it than anything else. Be sure to check out all of the blogging that will go along with it! I'm also keen to get a few short films written that could possibly go into production next year!!

In other news I've got another 1st AD job working in the North that I'm really excited about on a short film called Nah.

I'm also getting increasingly excited about this idea that I had a while ago called The Sitcom Showdown  - it's started off as educational tool that is loosely based on the "writing process" that I go through when trying to come up with ideas for TV to help me look at new combinations of characters and situations but then I thought that it might actually make a cool card game that people could play at dinner parties or other writers might use when they're lacking inspiration.

Have a look at some of the beta tests of the cards here:

Examples of some of the character cards for The Sitcom Showdown.

I'm hoping to get a mock-up set made by next week and start road testing it on some unsuspecting friends. I'm then hoping to take it into schools and colleges and then even maybe get it on Kickstarter to try and see if it's an idea that might have some legs to it. If not I've had some fun coming up with it and I'm hoping that it helps my own writing in the future!

P.S. I'm still writing Between Lambs and Lions - I'm hoping to get it finished soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment