Wednesday 13 February 2013

12 days and counting

Right... So I've been really bad at keeping up with this at the moment so for anyone out there who is hanging off my every word and has found these last two weeks unbearable please forgive me! (Not that there is anyone but there might!!)

So these last 12 days have been stressful - I was finishing off the writing the pilot course at the NFTS that I can say was worth every penny that I spent on it and from what I heard in the pub afterwards and from the course tutor it's only going to get better with the inclusion of more guest speakers and the chance to get your script in the hands of Micheal Gray just for attending the course. All 8 of the people who went on the course came out with a finished pilot episode of their on series that in all honesty if they were on the tele I'd watch them! It was amazing as well to see some of the writers who had never even thought about getting something written before they came on the course grow so quickly in the 2 weeks that they had at the NFTS and at the end the work that they were producing was unrecognizable from what they were producing at the start!

The best thing to come out of the two weeks though were the contacts - I've hopefully managed to get 'Aftercare' (my screenplay) into the right hands and with a bit of luck, some positive thinking and a little hard work it might (just might) get onto the tele! Keep your fingers crossed!

In other news I'm still slogging away at a few things in the background - I'm still hoping to be writing a web series with Nick Agah who I met in London when I was down. It's a crazy idea and something that I'd love to be a part of if we can make it work! I unfortunately got dropped from InLivingColour that I was a little peeved about but I've got over it now and hoping to maybe work with them in the future if everything lines up right! Finally, I've been in contact with Marc Sutherland again about Between Lambs and Lions and he's dead keen to see it produced which is amazing I've just got to get rocking and rolling on the script! I'm hoping to get a step outline sent to him in the next week so that he can go over it and see what he thinks!

Also, you've got to keep an eye out for my big television debut - on Loaded TV - no don't worry it's not like that! I was invited on a show that they are running that's a little like dragons den but for TV ideas - after the pitch though I wasn't really given anything to suggest what happened next so I'm unsure about the whole process now but will drop a "friendly" email to see if they remember that idiot who wanted to fight Chuck Norris!

Plus I've been working hard on my Blue Cat notes for the online seminar that I've got involved with - I have to say though that I've been a little disappointed with experience so far but I haven't yet heard the video feedback as am saving that for this evening when I've had more drink - I'm guessing from the written feedback that it's not going to be pretty!

Right so I think that's everything for today - I really need to start some actual writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment