Wednesday 1 May 2013

C. Hunt dancing with a chicken in his underpants, and apparently we're still all doomed!

So after my second week on set with The Fitzroy I'm tired but so so happy to have been involved with what I know is going to be such an amazing finished film! The time that I've spent on set has been invaluable and I've learnt so much about how films actually get made and all the little things that go on during the shoot that no-one ever really tells you!

Now more than ever this last week that I've spent on the set has shown me that this is what I really want to do with my life and that by hook or by crook I'm going to end up making films regardless of what is thrown at me! It was just the best experience being surrounded by people who are passionate about films, and the project and all of a sudden the stuff that I was doing locked away in my bedroom typing away became really relevant and I wasn't just "crazy Ted at the pub" talking about characters that only existed in my head!
David Gant as the hilarious Mr Thompson rehearsing his catchphrase to camera! 

Dedicated students Kat and Briony working in the art department and on deadlines! 

Me in the corridor set at the end of the day. 

The art department working late to change the set for the last three days of shooting.

The Green Rock River Band playing on set! Amazing music and the guys kept us entertained!

Photo of the cast and crew - just like in Primary School at the back because I'm so tall!
Have a look at some of the pictures of the shoot - it was a seriously amazing experience both professionally and personally. If there are any film/media students reading this get yourself on Kickstarter now and look around at some of the projects that are nearing completion. Like me you'll have no money to be able to give them but get in contact and offer your time - it might even be better than a donation and the experience that you'll gain will be invaluable!




No comments:

Post a Comment